Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review of the Nikon 50mm 1.8 af lens

I have been doing a lot of my photo taking with my Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens lately and I must say that I do love it.  I come from a past of mainly working with zoom lens, so it has been a learning experience to stick with just one single prime lens.  It has forced me to get up and get more creative because if I want a variety of shots I must physically get up and get closer or step back, as opposed to easily zooming in and out.  I love how this lens is so small and compact, it is great for low light and and those photos are very sharp!  The only downside is that the photos tend to come out soft when the aperture is opened up all of the way, and that can be frustrating when trying to get that extra pull of natural light.

No comments: